Thursday, January 29, 2009

Extremely Disgusting Happenings

PLEASE NOTE: This article is about things that have turned up on planners and reading tables. If you have trouble looking at disgustingly crunchy, weird-looking foods and are going to experience nausea, please do not read it.




It all started when a crunchy yet slimy, brown yet yellow substance turned up on my planner. When I got out my planner, I saw the crunchy thing, and told Mrs. Peck of its presence. Fortunately, Mrs. Peck also thought of it as gross, because she gave me a sticky note to cover it up with. But by then, word had spread like wildfire, and choruses of "Eew!" "Gross!" "Sick!" "Disgusting" and "It's.......CRUNCHY!" filled the air. When the noise had died down, I wrote a note of thanks to Mrs. Peck on my sticky note.



It started in reading group. Brooke spotted a gooey, sticky substance that smelled like pretzels. Disgusted, she covered the area with paper and wrote CAUTION on it. Then she spotted another area and covered it, and another, and another. Finally, just as the rest of us birdwalkers realized the situation we were in, Brooke covered the last one, and the gooey, sticky, pretzel-smelling substance was never seen again.

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, you are CRAZY. I want to put a link to it on my blog, but it is a little too graphic. Plus, why do people need to know that? Sometimes I seriosly don't get you. Other times you make complete sense. has mrs. peck checked out this blog yet? i'm sure she would say the same thing. maybe i can gross someone out. Plus, I had just got that memory out of my mind. thanks a lot. I can ALWAYS count on you to gross me out of my mind. Another plus, I JUST ATE. You didn't give us a good enough warning. I really don't want to throw up.... and there we go. THAT WAS GROSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's.......CRUNCHY!" is one of my favorite quotes!

    ReplyDelete